Last night in my diary I wrote that I would not complain once today.
Within 10 minutes of getting up, I was complaining to Andrew. I don’t remember what about- with two days left to go to the Grand Opening in Markham, everywhere I turn there is a problem to complain about.
Note to anyone thinking of opening a store: nothing will go as planned.
Anyway, I have one thing not to complain about today and that is the assigned blog topic for every 3rd Wednesday: my favourite things.
For this frazzled moment, let’s stick to 10 things I love, some new, some old..in future months I will do something more cerebral:
- The first sip of Starbucks in the morning and the first sip of wine at night (does that sound bad, about the wine? It’s not every night…)
- The 13 layer King’s Cake at Louis Louix in the St Regis Hotel. It lives up to its billing.
- After work, changing into track pants and my cozy “I am Happy” Wildfox top
- Finishing a workout. Congrats to all you athletes whose fave moment is starting a workout,
- Walking into my and Carly’s office on the 12th floor – no more meetings in the back of the bakery. We’ve been there 4 months and it still feels new every morning.
- Cracking open a new food related magazine – cannot be low-fat, low carb, Keto or any other such nonsense – Bon Appetit, Bake, Food & Wine…all work…I still miss Gourmet.
- When Creme Egg McFlurry is available at McD’s. (now, folks, it is available now)
- Planning the holiday dinner table settings when the kids come – for Easter I found big plastic eggs that can hold a t-shirt for each person and I have that plastic green grass and the usual chocolate bunnies. (I don’t want to hear anything about them being too old for this.)
- Any personal mail especially if the envelope has cat stickers on it (looking at you, Marilyn!).
- The start of a new season of any of: Project Runway, Top Chef, Top Chef Junior or Project Runway All-Stars.
On Thursday I will be at the Grand Opening of the Markham store and all complaining aside, it has been an amazingly smooth buildout and I CAN’T WAIT! Going to be one beautiful store.
Happy long weekend!!